This post is sponsored by One Green Planet and Food Monster. I have not been compensated for this post, but did receive a free download of the Food Monster App. As always, the opinions shared here are my own.
That’s a nifty title, don’t you think? Food Monster? Grabs your attention in a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man kind of way. Well, hungry readers – I’ve got a little surprise for you. In honor of Earth Day this Friday, April 22nd, you’re getting access to the latest and most comprehensive compilation of Vegan recipes on the planet!
Earth Day is an opportunity to focus on making environmentally healthy choices. Ride your bike instead of driving a car, compost your food waste instead of tossing it in the garbage, eat plant-based meals instead of animal-protein centric ones. To make that last one a little easier for us, One Green Planet is launching a new Vegan Food App this Earth Day — Food Monster!
I’ve been collaborating with One Green Planet for quite a while, contributing some of my favorite vegan recipes and tweaking others to make them vegan-friendly (see my truffled cream of broccoli soup in the Spring Meals Collection below). Now, those recipes plus about 5,000 more are available on Food Monster!
Though it won’t be available until Friday to the general public, I got a special sneak peak and was able to download the Food Monster app ahead of the launch. I’ve been playing with it all morning and here’s some of my favorite features:
- Recipes are straightforward and easy to follow — important no matter what your skill level in the kitchen!
- You can search by meal, by ingredient, even by diet – so if you have a basket of “fresh from the farmer’s market” cucumbers, you’ll easily find tons of flavorful and interesting ways to use them up!
- There are curated categories like seasonal recipes, trending recipes, even special collections such as Comfort Foods and 5-Ingredient Recipes! Just let the food porn wash over and inspire you.
- New content is added daily – so you’re always getting the latest good eats!
- There’s a photo of each dish – so you know what the finished product will look like – and hey – we eat with our eyes, first, right? Check out this Mocha Cheesecake – vegan or not, I want a bite!
This app is coming along at the right time for me. My daughter, Emily, who’ll be coming home from college for the summer next month, has recently informed me that she wants to “try out” a Vegan lifestyle. I’m not sure how that’s going to go over with Scott, but with 5,000 recipes — literally in my back pocket, it gives me a huge head start on meal-planning.
Here’s the BEST PART: I got a sneak peak because I’m on the media list. But since you’re one of my readers, you can get early access too! Click here to download it, and explore. This is a premium paid app, but I think the $19.99 annual fee is reasonable for the amount of quality content that’s included in one spot. And it’s only $1.99/month if you want to test the waters without the big commitment.
Check it out and let me know what you think!