Yukon Blue Potato Souffle
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
On the rare occasion you have leftover mashed potatoes, here's a delicious way to repurpose them.
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes - made with Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 scallions white and light green parts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled, divided
- 2 slices bread preferably sourdough or italian
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra blue cheese for topping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small (3-4 cup) casserole dish with vegetable spray.
In a large bowl combine the mashed potatoes, scallions, egg, milk and blue cheese. Stir until well combined. Transfer the mashed potatoes to the casserole dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
Place the bread, italian parsley and butter into the bowl of a mini-prep food processor and pulse until fine breadcrumbs form and parsley is chopped.
Top the potato mixture with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle with remaining blue cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until topping is browned and bubbly. Serve.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 106mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 0.7mg