Cranberry Chip Power Balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
My daughter is addicted to these little protein balls!
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder can be vanilla or other flavor
- 1 tablespoon flax meal grind flax seeds in a mini food processor
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter can be creamy or chunky
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2-4 tablespoons almond milk or other milk product
- vegetable spray for rolling the balls
In a medium bowl combine the oatmeal, whey protein, flax and chia and stir to combine.
Add the almond butter, almond extract and honey to a small bowl. Microwave in 10 second bursts to soften the almond butter and make it easier to stir. (mine was ready in 20 seconds). Stir to combine and add it to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined - mixture should be crumbly.
Add the cranberries and chocolate chips and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons almond milk and mix well with your hands, mixture will be sticky. If you can make a ball that holds together, start rolling. If it's still crumbly, add additional almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
Wash your hands and spray them lightly with vegetable spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it between your palms to form a ball. Re-spray your hands every 3-4 scoops because the dough will start to stick to them.
Place balls on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm. Keep chilled until ready to eat.
Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1% | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 3.2% | Iron: 3.1%