Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
An incredibly easy 15 minute snack that will keep you coming back for more!
- 1 16 ounce package frozen edamame in pods, thawed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 inch sized knob fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds optional
- lime wedge, optional
Before starting this recipe, have everything prepped. It comes together in a flash!
In a small bowl combine tamarin or soy sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.
Turn on your stove's exhaust fan.
Place a large skillet over high heat - and let the pan get very hot.
Add sesame oil to the pan.
Carefully add the edamame (it can splatter) and don't stir -- allow it to sear and blister about 1-2 minutes.
Add tamari mixture and toss to combine and continue to cook until sauce coats the edamame - no more than 2-3 minutes.
Transfer edamame to a serving bowl. Optional: squeeze a wedge of lime over the edamame. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 37mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.3mg