Oven Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
There's really nothing to this recipe -- a few herbs, some olive oil -- it's the oven that transforms plain veg into a sweet roasted marvel!
- 1 pound parsnips peeled and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and sliced from root to tip
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine parsnips, carrots and onion on a large sheet pan. Add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Using your clean hands, toss vegetables and herbs with olive oil, until well coated with oil, herbs and spice. Spread into a single layer and bake for 10 minutes.
Using a spatula flip vegetables and place back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes until golden and tender.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 12685IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg