Rum Spiked Tropical Fruit
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Fresh and light with sweet, tangy citrus, kiwi and mango this easy fruit salad is dressed up with a bit of dark rum. Serve with wafer cookies or over sponge cake for a tasty summer dessert.
- 4 oranges use a mixture of cara cara, honeybells, blood orange, navel orange or other juicy, ripe orange.
- 1/2 pineapple cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 kiwis peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 mangos peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar (optional) use only if your fruit isn't sweet enough
Other Tropical Fruits You Can Use:
- star fruit
- passion fruit
- dragon fruit
Supreme the oranges by cutting away the skin and pith and segmenting the oranges using a very sharp paring knife. Transfer to a bowl and squeeze the discarded membranes over the bowl to release any remaining juices.
Add the pineapple, kiwis and mangoes to the orange segments and toss. Add the rum and taste the fruit. If it's needs a little more sweetness add honey or sugar one tablespoon at a time (tasting as you go to make sure you don't add too much). Toss to coat the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to macerate.
Spoon fruit into a bowl and serve for a light dessert on its own or with wafer cookies or spooned over sponge cake.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 17.2% | Vitamin C: 158.4% | Calcium: 6.1% | Iron: 2.7%