#sponsored Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the Yoplait® More Fruit campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time. #yoplaitmorefruitcampaign #bellinstitute
If you’re like me, you’ve probably got a few containers of Yoplait® yogurt in your refrigerator at all times. They’re great for breakfast with your favorite granola, or an afternoon pick-me-up, but have you ever wanted a more dessert-y yogurt? Something with a little more oomph? This Peach Yogurt Panna Cotta is a delicious alternative.
Let’s be honest, people… the best part of fruit filled yogurts — is the fruit, right? Little nuggets of sweet, tanginess that up the ante in your morning routine. So when Yoplait® added more fruit to its Original yogurt, I felt like “BONUS!” More fruit? You better believe it. Do what tastes right! And with more fruit in the yogurt, this panna cotta is even better!
Being from the South, I’m partial to peach, so for this dessert, I used two containers of Yoplait® Original Harvest Peach and blended it with a little cream. If you want to amp up the peach flavor, add some peach schnapps — not necessary, but delicious.
In a small bowl, combine the gelatin water and lemon juice and set aside for a few minutes to bloom. Meanwhile, heat the remainder of the cream and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved and whisk in the gelatin mixture.
Add the gelatin-cream combo to the yogurt and whisk until smooth.
Ladle the custard into prepared ramekins and chill until firm. That’s it! The gelatin takes care of the rest — creating a soft, lush custard that will melt in your mouth.
For a festive garnish, slice some peaches and macerate them in honey. It’s not required, it’s just good. This panna cotta is lusciously creamy and studded with ripe fruit. While it’s elegant enough for company, I enjoyed mine curled up on the couch while binge watching Netflix.
Peach Yogurt Panna Cotta
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons gelatin
- 2 6 ounce containers Yoplait Peach yogurt
- ¾ cup heavy cream divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon peach schnapps optional
- 4 tablespoons honey optional
- 1 cup sliced peaches fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- Spray 4 half-cup ramekins with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, lemon juice and gelatin Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, measure out the heavy cream to 3/4 cup.
- In a small saucepan, pour about half of the heavy cream (eyeball it --it'll be about 3 ounces) and add the sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin mixture, until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and remainder of the heavy cream, schnapps (if using) and whisk. Add the gelatin-cream mixture and whisk until well combined. Ladle the custard into prepared ramekins and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl combine the honey and peaches and set aside to macerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Run a sharp paring knife under hot water, then loosing the panna cotta by running the knife around the rim of the ramekin. Invert the ramekins onto a dessert dish and garnish with honeyed peaches.
More Custards and Puddings:
“Pin It” For Later!
I love pannacotta but have yet to make it at home. This looks delicious. The perfect dessert for an elegant dinner party. I really need to give this recipe a try.
Boastful Food says
How decadent! I need to try this one. I love it when dessert becomes breakfast;)
Lisa Lotts says
And vice versa…
I’ve never made panna cotta. This looks easy and delicious! I love that you use yogurt as the base.
Lisa Lotts says
I love panna cottas because they ARE so easy!
This looks incredible! My husband would love this for a special treat!
Ali from Home & Plate says
This dessert looks amazing. I love panna cotta but have never made it with yogurt. I am definitely saving this one for peach season. This looks delicious for spring and summer get togethers.
Lisa Lotts says
Thank you, Ali – I hope you enjoy it!
These look so easy and delicious, Lisa. Love it that you made this from yogurt…I need to give it a try soon 🙂
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
What a lovely dessert! Yoplait is one of my favorites, and especially the peach! How great to be able to incorporate it into this treat!
Edyta at Innocent Delight says
I love panna cotta and peaches but I would never thought that you can actually make one from the yogurt. That’s genius and I’m sure my picky 4 year old would love it.
Wow this sounds very delicious and interesting… i m looking forward to try this lovely dessert soon!!
Thanks for such a lovely recipe
Jessica Fasano Formicola says
The peach sounds so good! I would love to try this!
Your panna cotta looks simply delicious – so refreshing and I really love the texture and flavors combo. Peach and yogurt go just perfectly together, but I never tried making panna cotta with them. Great photos too!
Glad you like it, Natalie! Peaches are one of my favorite fruits, and the yogurt adds a tartness to this panna cotta!