These luscious, indulgent and totally over-the-top Chocolate Mocha Pecan Chunk Cookies are what my husband and Dad crave. So when they’re craving chocolate, these cookies REALLY deliver with four 4-ounce bars of chocolate! OMG! They’re chewy with a feather light crackly shell. I squeezed in a few pecans for crunch but let’s be honest this is about delivering chocolate to his belly.
So let’s get to it! Roughly chop two bars of chocolate and put them in a microwavable bowl. Zap the chocolate in 10-20 second increments until it’s melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
In another bowl, combine the sugar, eggs vanilla and espresso powder and beat until thick and creamy.
Mix the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, then add the flour, salt and leavener.
And now for the “chunks” in these cookies – another eight ounces of white and bittersweet chocolate and two cups of toasted chopped pecans. I know. We’ll mix in a salad next week. Promise!
At this point, you could just slink off to the closet with the bowl and spatula and no-one would be the wiser, but if you choose to actually bake the cookies, here’s what you’ll get: rubbly, chewy, crunchy, chocolate-overload bites of bliss. Make them for Dad or any other chocoholic that you know!
Also try these Small Batch Turtle Cupcakes for a special occasion.
More chocolate cookie recipes:
- Buckwheat Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Brookies
- Bailey’s Chocolate Irish Cream Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Toasted Pecan Shortbread
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- Chocolate Mint Meringue Kisses
- Chocolate Almond Florentines
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Ripples
- Mocha Almond Brickle Cookies
Chocolate Mocha Pecan Chunk Cookies
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate I used 2 bars of Ghirardelli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate chunks or chips I used 1 bar of Ghirardelli- white chocolate
- 4 ounces chocolate chunks or chips I used 1 bar of Ghirardelli – semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups pecans
- Arrange the racks in the oven so that it separates the oven into thirds. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place pecans on a separate baking sheet and toast in the hot oven for 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small microwaveable bowl combine 8 ounces of the semisweet chocolate with the butter. Microwave in 10-20 second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate and butter are melted and glossy. Do not over microwave. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla. Using electric beaters on medium high, beat until thick and well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and blend. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Roughly chop the toasted pecans and add them along with the white and dark chocolate chunks to the cookie mix. Stir to combine. Drop by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on the baking sheets.
- Place one cookie sheet on the top rack and the other on the bottom rack. Bake for 6-7 minutes, then swap the cookie sheets so that the bottom moves to the top and vice versa. Bake another 5-6 minutes until cookies are just set. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet. Use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storing.
Ms. Lisa you are sooooo correct, because they don’t! Great recipe!
I tried this recipe, except I took out the espresso and added snicker chunks, Lawdy, they were amazing!!!! I now just have to work on the look of them with out people thinking they look like you know what!
LOL – as long as they don’t taste like you-know-what that’s all that matters!
These look amazing! You’re a very good writer. Your comments made me laugh and the recipe was easy to understand.
I really appreciate that Heather! These cookies are really good too!
Wow, these look awesome!
Thank you Katrina! They are outrageously fudgy!
Pinning for later, they look great!
thank you, Dina!
Pippa Payne says
wow these just look incredible! that ‘light crackly shell’ comment made my mouth water!
I’m so glad you like them Pippa! That’s a great name, btw!
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables says
These look delicious! I love anything mocha flavored 🙂 And that crackly top is just the best!
I agree, I love the look of these cookies! The flavor is spot-on too!
sue | theviewfromgreatisland says
These cookies look perfect! I love that shiny crackly finish — lucky Dad!
Thank you Sue! Glad you like them!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
All the chocolate! And those pecans? Dad will definitely enjoy these (as will I)! So rich and yummy!
I know, all my favorites in one bite!
Love the step by step pictures . Every single one just reels me in. Can I dive in and grab a cookie. Pretty please? They look delicious!
Eileen | The Food Avenue says
My goodness! This looks DEE-LICIOUS!!!
Thanks, Eileen! They are chocolatey good!
These look unbelievable – those cracks on top have me drooling! Can’t beat a really chocolatey dessert.
I shared with the folks in my Doctor’s office and they went Gaga!