These Easy 3-Ingredient Drop Biscuits came from my grandmother, Myne, and nothing could be simpler to make. They are tender and light with a rubbly, golden crust that will have you plucking an extra one or two from the bread basket when no one’s looking! That’s ok, I won’t tell!
When I was a kid, I’d spend weekends with my paternal grandmother, Myne. We’d play Rummy-o, take walks down to the dock and enjoy her from scratch cooking. She wasn’t a fancy cook, but everything was homemade with love. Including these drop biscuits.
She’d make a batch to go with a bowl of her famous beef barley soup or a cup of chili. Piping hot from the oven, we’d slather them with butter and proceed to alternate spoonfuls of soup with hearty bites of these drop biscuits.
I admit, I could eat 2 or even 3 in one sitting. Trust me. You’ll have the same self-control issues once you try them.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for 3-Ingredient Drop Biscuits
- Self Rising Flour
- Whipping Cream
That’s it. Can you believe you can make biscuits from 3 ingredients? No kneading, rolling or fancy pastry skills required? It’s true.
Make this drop biscuit recipe one time, and you’ll always keep it in your back pocket for biscuit emergencies.
How to make drop biscuits
- Beat the whipping cream to form soft peaks.
- Add self rising flour and salt.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to form a shaggy dough.
- Plop by tablespoonfuls onto an uncreased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with a little extra cream (this helps with browning).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
Bam! You just made homemade biscuits! You’re a ROCKSTAR!
These little drop biscuits aren’t much to look at, but they’re tender, flaky and just begging for a slather of good butter.
You’ll love the simplicity of this easy drop biscuit recipe. It’s homemade without being fussy or overly complicated. It’s quick and easy, just the thing for busy weeknights. I love this with pork chops with pan gravy to sop up the extra or as the “indulgent side dish” with a healthy salad.
You can, however, they’re really best when they come hot out of the oven.
We’ve never had leftovers — as they get inhaled pretty quickly, but they should last for 2-3 days. Reheat leftovers in a warm (300°) oven for 8-10 minutes.
You can. Just be sure to wrap them well in freezer paper. Defrost before reheating.
These are very simple, unembellished biscuits. If you want add more pizzazz, here are a few ideas:
Drop biscuit variations:
- Add ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of chives to the dough.
- Add ½ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper and ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir in bacon bits.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the drop biscuits before baking them to create a sweetly spiced crust.
- Stir in some chopped green chiles to the dough and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Serve these biscuits for breakfast with your favorite jelly or preserves.
Tried this recipe? Leave a rating and review.
Your comments and shares are invaluable to me and the thousands of readers who use this site daily. If you've made the recipe, leave a star rating and review. We want to hear how you liked it.
We'd love it if you shared the recipe with your friends on social media!
3 Ingredient Drop Biscuits
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons whipping cream divided
- 1¼ cups self rising flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Add the flour mixture and gently stir until a dough is formed.
- Drop dough in rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to lightly brush biscuits with extra whipping cream. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Serve.
Pin “3-Ingredient Drop Biscuits” for later!