These Easy 3-Ingredient Drop Biscuits came from my grandmother, Myne, and nothing could be simpler to make. They are tender and light with a rubbly, golden crust that will have you plucking an extra one or two from the bread basket when no one’s looking! That’s ok, I won’t tell!
I love the simplicity of this recipe. It’s homemade without being fussy or overly complicated.
You start by whipping cream to form soft peaks.
Then add self-rising flour and a little salt.
Gently fold the flour into the cream until you have a rough, shaggy dough.
Plop them by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into a hot oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until they are nicely browned.
That’s it! Serve these biscuits with a good quality butter (I like Plugra or KerryGold). If it’s breakfast time, they’re great with jam or honey, too.
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
3 Ingredient Drop Biscuits
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons whipping cream divided
- 1 1/4 cups self rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Add the flour mixture and gently stir until a dough is formed.
- Drop dough in rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to lightly brush biscuits with extra whipping cream. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned. Serve.
More From The Bread Basket:
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!