Jiffy Lemon Blueberry Corn Muffins are a quick and easy way to doctor up that little box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix that’s ever-present in your pantry. There are lots of Jiffy mix recipes out there and we love them because they make life easier and we can all use a little help sometimes, no?
Some of you may view this “recipe” as a cop out. Others will applaud the “real world” aspects that make it so relevant. These Lemon Blueberry Corn Muffins aren’t from scratch. They’re doctored from Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix– and if I’m being honest, they’re my go-to muffins when I want something that tastes like “homemade” without the commitment.
Life is busy and sometimes the whole “from scratch” route feels like an annoying mosquito buzzing in your ear, you know?
My “cheat” is Jiffy corn muffin mix. I like it because:
- It’s easy.
- It doesn’t make an overwhelming amount.
- It tastes like its from scratch.
As a kid, I loved fiddling with those boxed mixes, doctoring them up to give them my own spin. Nowadays I usually have a box or two in the pantry — just in case.
For these muffins, a little extra leavening stirred in with sugar, buttermilk, lemon zest and blueberries, take these standard corn muffins into the realm of “Ooh – what have you made???” And if you don’t happen to have buttermilk on hand (a la Martha Stewart), keep in mind that combining milk + a squeeze of lemon juice (or distilled vinegar) and letting it rest for a few minutes — will give you a perfectly acceptable “buttermilk substitute”.
Try these Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins for breakfast, brunch, or as a quick snack. They freeze well, too, so you’ll always have some ready to pop into the microwave for a easy breakfast or to tuck into your child’s lunchbox for a special treat.
More Easy Muffin Recipes:
- Fruit and Nut Bran Muffins
- Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins
- Glazed Lemon Poppyseed Mini Muffins
- Cinnamon Blueberry Bran Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins
- Crunchy Banana Chip Mini Muffins
More Jiffy Mix Recipes:
- Jiffy Mexican Style Cornbread
- Spiffy Jiffy Cornbread
- Jiffy Cornbread with Creamed Corn
- 5-Ingredient Corn Casserole
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Tried this recipe? Leave a rating and review.
Your comments and shares are invaluable to me and the thousands of readers who use this site daily. If you've made the recipe, leave a star rating and review. We want to hear how you liked it.
We'd love it if you shared the recipe with your friends on social media!
Lemon Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 8.5 ounce box Jiffy corn muffin mix or similar brand
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin. Put paper liners in about 7-8 muffin tins and spray each liner with vegetable spray.
- In a medium bowl combine muffin mix, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, egg and buttermilk. Stir until just combined.
- Add lemon zest and mix again so that zest is distributed throughout batter. Add blueberries and stir to coat.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray them with vegetable spray. Spoon batter into prepared liners filling each about 3/4 way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve.
Pin “Lemon Blueberry Corn Muffins” For Later!