Looking for an easy flavored fruit water recipe? Infused waters are healthy hydrators (which is why these spa water recipes are so popular) made from fresh fruits, herbs and some vegetables for a healthy summer drink that keeps you refreshed and quenched. This Strawberry Cucumber Basil Water is easily switched up depending on what’s in season where you are.
Whether you had them at a fancy spa after a full body massage or as the welcome refresher at your hotel after a 4-hour flight, those spa water recipes energize and hydrate — and they taste good too. You don’t have to wait for one of those occasions, though — you can make strawberry infused water at home. Or cucumber infused water — or basil water. Or whatever combination you like — they’re easy to make, economical, and spa water is a refreshing, healthy summer drink with no guilt. Make this fruit water recipe in about 3 minutes, too.
3 Benefits of Fruit Infused Water:
- Hydration – Our bodies are about 60% water and water actually makes up the basis for our cells, tissues and organs, but we lose some of that water every day through evaporation from exhaling, sweating and of course, through our waste. Keeping the body hydrated maintains homeostasis – the natural balance of all our working parts – digestion, circulation, absorption and excretion.
- Weight Loss – I’m not telling you that drinking strawberry infused water will help you lose weight, but sometimes when we’re dehydrated our bodies send signals that we’re hungry — when actually, thirst is the culprit. Sipping on basil water might stop you from that 3 o’clock Kit Kat fix.
- Clearer Skin – The skin is the largest organ of the body and staying hydrated helps the body rid itself of toxins. Not everyone agrees that water consumption will improve skin, but it can’t hurt and many people report that their skin takes on a more radiant glow when they are mindfully drinking more water. Acne sufferers have reported the same results, which are usually visible within 2 weeks of increasing water intake (8 glasses/day).
The 4th benefit of spa water recipes? They’re utterly refreshing and delicious. I know — it’s far from revolutionary — picture my daughter rolling her eyes and saying, “Mom, you put fruit in water — big deal.” In fact, she did say that. Then she took a sip — and her eyes opened wide and she smiled a holy cow grin. “Wow! That’s actually really good! Why does basil water taste more refreshing than regular water?”
“I don’t know,” I replied. “But you’re right. It does!”
The fresh strawberries and sliced cucumber infuse the water subtly and probably osmotically transport a few trace vitamins and minerals into the H20. If you want to get the full benefit, you can certainly fish out the cucumber and strawberries for a little nosh. To me, the crushed fresh herb is what really ties this strawberry cucumber basil water recipe together. Try it and see for yourself. Of course, this is just one flavor combination I’ve included more in the recipe card below.
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Strawberry Cucumber Herb Spa Water
- 2-3 strawberries cut into rounds
- 5 thin slices seedless cucumber
- 4 medium basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1 1/2 cups spring water
- Crush the basil leaves between your fingers to break open the cells and release the aroma. In a glass or mason jar, combine the sliced strawberries, cucumber, crushed basil, ice and water.
- Refrigerate for an hour so the water becomes infused with the flavors. Sip the water and munch on the strawberry slices and cucumber -- guilt free.
MORE REFRESHING FLAVOR COMBINATIONS:
- PEACH + BASIL
- WATERMELON + MINT
- CUCUMBER + ROSEMARY
- PINEAPPLE + MINT
- MANGO + LIME
- GRAPEFRUIT + LYCHEE
- APPLE + POMEGRANATE + CINNAMON STICK (crush pomegranate seeds to release juice)
“Pin Strawberry Cucumber Basil Water” For Later!
More Quenching Drinks:
More Healthy Snacks To Go With Your Spa Water:
- Naturally Sweetened Crunchy Granola
- Apricot Date Nut Bites
- Blistered Edamame
- Kale Chips
- Black n’ Bluesy Popcorn