Looking for easy, healthy dinner ideas? How about a brown sugar and bourbon marinade for salmon. The bourbon glaze uses a few pantry staples and this simple glazed salmon is ready in only 20 minutes. Great for busy weeknights.
I did a Facebook poll a while back and asked my Facebook friends what their go-to weeknight dinners were. Aside from pasta (a solid #1) and baked or rotisserie chicken (#2), it turned out that salmon was a favorite. No surprise — it’s versatile, healthy, and can come together in minutes. Perfect for a hectic weeknight.
That’s why this bourbon glazed salmon is a regular on our dinner table too! If I’ve got extra time, we’ll soak a wood plank and smoke it on the grill or crust it in an avalanche of spice and pan sauté with some tender-crisp veg. But for the super-quick I-need-to-get-dinner-on-the-table-NOW kind of meal, this is my go-to!
4 Ingredients For Bourbon Marinade For Salmon
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
Just whisk these pantry staples together for this easy bourbon glaze. It’s that quick.
Preparing Glazed Salmon
- I like to slice the salmon into portions before cooking because it’s easier to flip and manage in the pan.
- Season the salmon and heat a skillet with olive oil.
- Cook one side of the salmon for a minute or two, then flip it and add the sauce.
- Cook for another minute or so — I tend to undercook the salmon just slightly to keep it moist in the middle, but if that’s not your style — keep it on the heat a little longer.
Serve the bourbon glaze over a bed of brown rice with glazed salmon perched on top of the rice. Oh-ma-Gawd! The sauce is sweet and savory with a smoky bourbon backnote — I know! Sublime! And it’s ready in minutes! It’s dinner’s holy grail!
More Quick and Easy Seafood Recipes:
- Grilled Shrimp Caesar
- Hoisin Maple Asian Glazed Salmon
- Baked Salmon Pesto
- Easy Cajun Skillet Jambalaya
- Spicy Caribbean Mahi Mahi
- Crispy Baked Fish Tacos
- Wine and Garlic Mussels with Sausage
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Bourbon Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
For The Glaze
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
For The Fish
- 2 6- oz salmon fillets
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- green onions sliced
- cilantro chopped
- ovenproof skillet with a tight fitting lid
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the glaze and set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan on the stove and turn on the heat to medium-medium high. When the pan is hot, but not smoking, add the olive oil and rotate the pan to cover with the oil. Add the salmon fillets and cook for one minute. Remove from heat. Carefully flip the salmon and spread each piece with the glaze. Cover with the lid and place in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Spoon glaze over the fish. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Serve.