This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackStories #SnackSnapShare #CollectiveBias #ad
It’s turning out to be a long, hot summer. We took a vacation in May, but here it is, July and that trip feels like a distant memory. And there’s still nearly two months of summer left! Without a weekend getaway in site, our summer celebrations will be happening in our own back yard, literally. Luckily, we have a grill and swimming pool (in Florida, pools are as common as a garage)– so that’s almost like vacation, right? Especially when you’re munching on Chunky Salmon Cucumber Dip.
Anytime we’re relaxing and entertaining in the summertime, it’s most often done poolside. With everyone in their bathing suits, icy drinks in the cooler, music in the background, Scott attending the grill and plenty of tasty bites to chow before the main course. I like a mix of healthy options along with salty, crunchy nibbles, like pretzels, nuts and chips. A homemade dip makes it festive.
Cape Cod® Potato Chips are my go-to chip when I’m making dips for a crowd. They’re sturdy, uber-crunchy and they’ve got the fortitude to stand up to even this chunky salmon cucumber dip. With Cape Cod and Kettle Brand® Potato Chips, both made from simple, high quality ingredients, you’ll have endless snacking possibilities all summer long.
If you have a thing for smoked salmon, like we do, you’re going to go ga-ga over this dip. It only takes a few ingredients and it’s ridiculously easy to make. Plus it can (and should) be made ahead of time, so you don’t have to fuss at the last minute when you’re having guests. Isn’t that what entertaining is all about? Actually enjoying your company? With this 10-minute dip and a selection of Cape Cod Potato Chips or those outrageous Kettle Brand Potato Chips, you’ll have something to satisfy everyone’s summer snack cravings.
Did I mention how quick and simple it is to make? Only 10 minutes — and that’s if you’re a slow-chopper. Just add salmon, cream cheese, greek yogurt, lemon and horseradish to your food processor and pulse it until it’s smooth, then stir in the diced cucumber and extra salmon. The extra salmon and cucumber gives the dip a chunkier consistency and because half of the salmon is diced, the dip tastes less fishy than some other salmon dips I’ve tried. Refrigerate the dip so the flavors can come together — and go work on your music playlist for the party.
Spoon the creamy, chunky dip into serving bowls and sprinkle with the garnish. I like to use a little extra cucumber, salmon and dill, so the guests get an idea as to what’s in the dip, but you could switch it up with finely diced red onion, red or yellow bell pepper, and/or some “Everything Bagel” seasoning mix.
Do you have a special dip recipe that pairs perfectly with these chips? One that you love to make for your family and friends? Now’s the time to show it off, because when you post your snacking moments in the sweepstakes below, you’ll be entered to win some pretty great stuff.
Check out the prizes:
- (1) Grand prize- $10,000 cash prize for a family vacation of the winner’s choosing.
- (8) Weekly Winners- One weekly winner will win a year’s worth of snacks so they can continue to share the love all year long.
- (57) Daily Winners- winners will receive a $50 prepaid Visa gift card to stock up on snacks at their favorite retailer.
More easy dips and appetizers you might like:
- Southern Pimento Cheese Spread
- Florida Style Smoked Whitefish Dip
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Eggplant Baba Ganoush
Chunky Salmon Cucumber Dip
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (I used Nova)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (you can use neufchatel to save on calories)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (plus more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/2 cup english cucumber finely diced
- english cucumber very finely diced
- smoked salmon very finely diced
- fresh dill chopped
- Cape Cod Potato Chips
- Kettle Brand Potato Chips
- Assorted Crudite such as bell pepper, cucumber spears, celery, carrots, etc.
- red onion very finely diced
- bell pepper very finely diced
- sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Finely chop half of the smoked salmon and set aside.
- Into the bowl of a food processor, combine the remaining smoked salmon, greek yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice, dill and horseradish. Process until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning, adding more lemon or horseradish as desired.
- Transfer the dip to a medium bowl and stir in the finely diced salmon and cucumber. Chill for several hours so the flavors have a chance to marry.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with garnishes - or let the guests choose their own. Serve with chips and assorted crudite.
More Yummy Dips:
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!
No Purchase Necessary. Purchasing does not improve your chances of winning. The #SnackSnapShare Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 5/30/17 at 12:00 A.M. ET and ends on 7/11/17 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Legal residents of the 50 US/DC only, 18+. 43 Daily Entry Periods, 6 Weekly Entry Periods and 1 Grand Prize Drawing during the Sweepstakes. Void in US territories and Puerto Rico, outside the US, and where prohibited. Enter either by registering at www.bettersnackingforyou.com or by uploading an eligible photo via Instagram or Twitter using #SnackSnapShare and #Sweepstakes and. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. By participating you agree to the Official Rules. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc., 1750 S. Osage Springs Dr., Ste. 100, Rogers, AZ 72758.