Brunch-y cocktails are my favorite! A festive indulgence before noon! Mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys straddle the line between your morning fruit juice and your evening cocktail. Paired with decadent dishes built to bridge the gap between breakfast and lunch – no wonder brunch is so popular!
For the all important Christmas brunch, I’m serving Ruby Thyme Spritzers with fresh ruby red grapefruit juice and that oh-so-easy honey-thyme simple syrup from earlier in the week.
This mid-morning libation is mimosa-like, but not. It’s a little more tart thanks to the grapefruit juice and has a more nuanced flavor than a straight mimosa. I credit the simple syrup for that.
Build yours by starting with the simple syrup, adding the grapefruit juice and finishing it off with a bit of your favorite cava, prosecco or other sparkling wine. Drink up and have a very Merry Christmas.
Ruby Thyme Spritzer
Switch up the standard mimosa - these ruby thyme spritzers are perfect with a holiday brunch or celebration!
for each cocktail
- 1 tablespoon honey thyme simple syrup recipe on this site
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice 1 jigger, without pulp
- 1/4 cup prosecco 1 jigger
- fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- thin wedge of grapefruit for garnish
For each cocktail
- Into a champagne flute combine simple syrup, grapefruit juice and chilled prosecco. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and fresh thyme. Serve.
I used 1 tablespoon of the simple syrup, but if you prefer a sweeter cocktail, add two tablespoons.
More Holiday Sippers:
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!