If you like pineapple rum drinks (who doesn’t?) and you’re looking for a tasty but green halloween punch, my Swamp Gasses cocktail might be the perfect sipper. It’s fruity, tropical and a little bubbly. This Halloween punch with dry ice is sure to add that spooky Halloween vibe to your celebrations.
How To Make Green Drinks Like Swamp Gasses
There’s no real secret to making green drinks… you either start with green ingredients, or you go back to your grade school watercolors… blue + yellow = green. The trick is getting a blend that actually tastes good… I know because I spent a day with myriad combinations of liquor and mixers before hitting on this combo which gave this green halloween punch that distinctive green hue I envisioned. Happily pineapple rum drinks really don’t TASTE like swamp gasses…
In fact, zombie humor aside, this green Halloween punch doesn’t have any sulfurous odor or slimy lurking creatures hidden beneath the foggy layers. In fact, it’s a downright tasty pineapple rum drink. For this post, I’ve made it in individual cocktails, but if you’re making it for a party, do it in punch form, so you’re not playing bartender all night. Also, using a block of dry ice in the punch bowl will give that spooky appearance without risking accidental contact or ingestion of the dry ice (which can be dangerous). Check out this article on How To Handle Dry Ice.
Ingredients For Halloween Punch With Dry Ice
- Dark Rum
- Blue Curacao
- Pineapple Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Lime Soda
- Block of Dry Ice (Use tongs and gloves when handling)
Tips For A Punch Bowl Full Of Swamp Gasses
- Pick up the dry ice the same day as your party and don’t store it in a sealed container or bag, otherwise you risk a bit of an explosion.
- Chill the liquid ingredients for several hours or overnight before mixing them into the punch bowl.
- Don’t mix the lemon lime soda in the drinks until the last minute to maintain the bubbles.
- Don’t add the dry ice to the punch until the last minute.
- Alternatively, use a black cauldron that will comfortably fit your punch bowl. (affiliate links given below). Place the punch bowl in the cauldron. Surround the punch bowl with dry ice and fill the cauldron with punch and a regular ice ring to keep it chilled. The cauldron will smoke, spookily.
More Green Halloween Punch & Other Halloween Inspired Cocktails:
Green Halloween Cocktails:
- Grindelwald’s Goblet by The Gastronom Blog
- Poison Apple Halloween Cocktail from The Seaside Baker
- Caramel Green Apple Cocktail via The Gastronom Blog
- The Spirit Summoner Cocktail via Champagne and Coconuts
- Polyjuice Potion – A Harry Potter Vodka Cocktail from The Gastronom Blog
- Poisoned Apple Cocktail by Cooking with Curls
Other Spooky Libations:
- Zombie Brains by Burrata and Bubbles
- Lychee Martini with Creepy Eyeball Garnish
- The White Pumpkin from She Keeps A Lovely Home
- Zombie Shots via The Nerdy Mamma
- Lychee Martini from Caroline’s Cooking
- Bloody Champagne Bellini by yours truly.
- Spooky Halloween Sangria via Windy City Dinner Fairy
- The White Zombie from Supper In The Suburbs
- The Witches Heart via The Flavor Bender
More Pineapple Rum Drinks
- Pineapple Mint Mojitos by Garlic & Zest
- Frozen Pineapple Daiquiri from Caroline’s Cooking
- Planter’s Punch from Garlic & Zest
- Pineapple Blueberry Mojitos via The Gastronom Blog
- 1 1/2 ounces dark rum
- 1/2 ounce blue curacao
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce lemon lime soda (such as Sprite or 7Up)
- dry ice Note: DO NOT INGEST DRY ICE OR TOUCH WITH ANY EXPOSED SKIN. IT WILL BURN AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO AFFECTED AREAS.
FOR PUNCH BOWL:
- 5 1/4 cups dark rum I used Mount Gay
- 1 3/4 cups blue curacao
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 3/4 cups lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 1/2 cups lemon lime soda
FOR INDIVIDUAL DRINKS:
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with regular ice. Add rum, pineapple juice, blue curacao and lemon juice. Seal the shaker with the lid and shake until the outside of the container is frosty cold. Pour into a glass and top with lemon lime soda.
- If using dry ice, float a few pellets in the liquid for a spooky effect, but do not drink the cocktail until the dry ice has completely sublimated.
FOR PUNCH BOWL:
- Chill all ingredients for several hours or overnight.
- Combine the ingredients in a punch bowl and add a block of dry ice to keep the spooky vibe going. Warn guests not to break off or touch ice.
- Another Option: Find a witches cauldron or other receptacle that's larger than your punch bowl so that you can put the punch bowl into the cauldron Add dry ice between the space between the cauldron and the punch bowl. Fill the punch bowl with punch and any other garnishes. Instead of the punch smoking, the cauldron will smoke.
Pin “Swamp Gasses – A Green Halloween Punch” For Later!