Coconut Pecan Blondies
It’s National Blondie Day. No, I’m not making it up. Seriously. It is. To commemorate and because you absolutely have to try these Coconut Pecan Blondies, I wanted to share the recipe with you.
If you love bar cookies as much as we do, these coconut pecan blondies will be your new dessert addiction. Sorry ’bout that.
They’re rich and buttery, loaded with crunchy pecans and enhanced with chewy coconut. I can’t think of anything better with a cold glass of milk.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for coconut pecan blondies:
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- Sea Salt
How to make blondies:
- Toast the pecans in a 375° oven for 8-10 minutes until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to 325°.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar together until light.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla.
- Stir in 1 cup each of the toasted pecans and coconut.
- Spread the blondie mixture in a prepared pan and top with a sprinkle of sea salt and the remainder of the coconut and pecans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Frankly, I got into a little trouble making these. Not because they’re difficult — they’re actually pretty straightforward. No, I’m in trouble because Scott’s resistance wanes when there are snack-y things in the house. So I made them with the caveat that we would try one or two (for quality control) and my grandparents would receive a care package.
Except that didn’t happen.
Because they were so buttery and rich.
Because they had the feint chew of coconut.
Because they were speckled with crunchy pecans.
And finally, because instead of being over-the-top saccharine sweet (which I really don’t like) they had a a tempered fleur-de-sel finish.
I didn’t mention my sprinkle of sea salt to Scott, but he noticed it and immediately went back for more. Again… and again. They are dangerously addictive.
There’s a few bars left and I was going to wrap them up for my grandparents, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. Guess I’ll have to make a separate batch just for them.
They’re fine at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Yes. They will keep well wrapped for 2-3 months in the freezer.
Absolutely. Also try peanut butter chips, toffee chips, white chocolate chips or other mix-ins.
More bar cookies you’ll love:
- Pink Grapefruit Dessert Bars
- Cinnamon Walnut Apple Bars
- Fresh Peach Streusel Bars
- Chocolate Almond Brownie Cheesecake Bars
- Maida Heatter’s Peanut Bars
- Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Salted Coconut Pecan Bars
- Apricot Almond Bars
Tried this recipe? Leave a rating and review.
Your comments and shares are invaluable to me and the thousands of readers who use this site daily. If you've made the recipe, leave a star rating and review. We want to hear how you liked it.
We'd love it if you shared the recipe with your friends on social media!
Coconut Pecan Blondies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- scant teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks butter 3/4 cup, at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup pecans chopped, divided
- 1¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly spray a 7″ x12″ x 1″ baking pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter together. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla. Add flour mixture a little at a time and beat just until combined. Stir in 1 cup each of pecans and coconut.
- Spread the blondie batter evenly in the pan. Sprinkle the top with the sea salt. Then sprinkle on the pecans and coconut.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for half an hour before cutting.
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!
These look like heaven! I SO need to get baking!
Yes, you do!
Those blondies look delicious! I cannot wait to try!! Coconut and Pecans are my favorite so these are for me…
Thanks, Veena! Enjoy!
You had me at blondies… add coconut and pecans and we’re solid!
Then we’re of the same mind…
I love blondies and these sound so good. I will mark my calendar and celebrate next year for sure. 😉
Coconut and pecan are both my favorite!?This is for ME! I like it is quick and easy which I can make it whenever I want! Doesn’t require any prepping!
This is a really delicious combo — Enjoy it, Misa!
Love, love, love blondies and these coconut pecan blondies look to die for!
Thanks – they are good. The sprinkle of sea salt makes them even more addictive!
These blondies look delicious! Coconut and pecans are a perfect match!
I’m glad you think so Angie! It’s the sprinkle of sea salt that sends me over the edge!
Haha. I would have eaten them all, too! They look absolutely incredible. And love the salt on top!
I’m afraid no-one has will-power when it comes to sweet-salty snacks like this!
my friends just requested that I make blondies. Mine flopped for some reason but these LOOK AMAZING!!!!! coconut and pecans are love.
This is a pretty simple recipe, so you shouldn’t have any issues. Don’t forget those flakes of sea salt — yum!
If today is National Blondie Day, then I need to celebrate with these! Yum!
I think we should all whip up a batch to celebrate!
I always love Blondies, and the combination of pecans and coconut just elevates them to a whole new level! These look sensational!
So happy you like — Scott and I couldn’t stop eating them – they’re so good!