Looking for an easy side dish that goes equally with a weeknight rotisserie chicken or company roast beef? Try my Mustard Garlic Herb Roasted Gold Potatoes for quick, flavorful side dish. Use whole grain dijon (the one with the seeds) and fresh rosemary and garlic for these mustard potatoes.
From mashed to fried and scalloped to smashed, potatoes are a versatile and universally loved ingredient. Depending on the type of potato you use, they can be creamy and smooth or fluffy and light. For this easy side dish, I like to use Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes for this recipe because they’ve got the perfect balance of starch.
Ingredients For Garlic Herb Mustard Potatoes
- Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes or other medium starch spud
- Olive Oil
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Lemon Zest
- Kosher Salt
Garlic Herb Mustard Potatoes are crispy and tender with a tangy, bright bite that will make you sit up and take notice — and the prep is minimal.
How To Make Mustard Garlic Herb Marinade
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, mustard, salt & pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
How To Prep Roasted Gold Potatoes
- Cut the potatoes half if you’re using the Baby dutch or mini creamers.
- If you have larger Yukon Golds or red skinned spuds, cut them into one to two inch chunks.
- Toss the potatoes with the mustard herb coating and spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes.
Cooking Mustard Potatoes
- Remove the roasted gold potatoes from the oven and add the fresh lemon zest.
- Use a spatula to toss and flip the potatoes in the zest and spread them out again on the sheet pan.
- Continue to roast for an additional 15 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
That’s it. Done. Didn’t I tell you this was an easy side dish?
What To Serve With Mustard Potatoes:
- Herb Roasted Chicken with Pan Gravy
- Grilled Veal Chops with Garlic Herb Crust
- Bourbon Marinated Flank Steak
- Homemade Ham with Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze
More Easy Side Dishes:
- Creamy Dijon Asparagus
- Garlic Herb Flageolets
- Maple Butternut Puree with Crispy Sage
- Spring Pesto Green Beans
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Watch The Video:
Mustard Garlic Herb Roasted Gold Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarse dijon mustard the one with the whole mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound small waxy skinned potatoes halved, red skinned, dutch baby & creamers work well
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine mustard, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add potatoes and toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange potatoes on the baking sheet, preferably flesh side down (this promotes a nice browning and crisping).
- Roast for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the potatoes with lemon zest and flip them with a spatula to coat.
- Return the potatoes to the oven and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes until crispy on the outside and tender inside. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Pin “Garlic Herb Mustard Potatoes” For Later!