Love flavored mojitos? I’ve got one for you. This easy mojito recipe is tropical and light with muddled lime and mint leaves plus a floral, sweet passion fruit syrup. This simple rum drink can be made by the glass or by the pitcher, but I’d opt for a pitcher of Passion Fruit Mojitos if you’ve got more than 2 people. We top our passion mojitos with a spot of sparkling water or club soda because… bubbles!
Friends, I’ve got a “thing” for passion fruit. It’s one of my favorite tropical fruits and even when it’s not in season, I buy the passion fruit pulp in the freezer section to make the flavored simple syrup for these passion mojitos. With just a handful of ingredients, you can be sipping this easy mojito recipe too.
Passion Fruit Mojito Ingredients
- Mint Leaves
- Passion Fruit Syrup
- Dark or Golden Rum (We like Mount Gay or Myers)
- Club Soda
Let’s start with the syrup — this isn’t something you buy, it’s something you make. That said, it’s super-easy to do and the hardest part is walking away for two hours to let the flavors and gorgeous color infuse the syrup. Here’s the link to make your own Passion Fruit Syrup — and go ahead and just make a big batch, ’cause you’re gonna love this.
Infusing Flavor Into The Easy Mojito Recipe
What makes a mojito, a mojito? To me, it’s the lime and mint. Sure you could squeeze the lime and add a few mint leaves for decoration, but if you want to TASTE those flavors, you’re gonna have to muddle.
What Is Muddling?
Muddling is when you bruise or smash the aromatics in order to release their oils and essences. It’s a very effective way to pull out the aromas too. Don’t believe me? Place a mint leaf in the bottom of the glass and give it a few firm twists and pounds with your muddler. Now stick your nose into the glass and give a whiff. Impressive right? The muddler does double duty on the lime — simultaneously extracting the juice AND the essential oils present in the rind — you want that in your passion fruit mojito.
When the mint and lime are sufficiently bruised and fragrant (about 30 seconds) continue with the passion fruit mojito recipe.
I use dark or golden rum for these simple rum drinks because I like the sweeter, more syrupy nature of it in mixed drinks, but if you prefer white rum, that’s fine too.
Making A Passion Fruit Mojito
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add passion fruit syrup and rum and stir to combine.
- Top the simple rum drink with sparkling water and garnish with fresh mint leaves, lime wedge and passion fruit seeds (if available).
This sweet, tropical libation is refreshing and light. Yes, it’s sweet, however, it’s not cloyingly so because that spritz of sparkling water cuts the sugariness and balances the simple rum drink. If you like it sweeter, add more syrup. If you like more booze — add more. wink.
More Simple Rum Drinks You Might Like:
- Fruity Tropical Planter’s Punch
- Guava Banana Rum Daiquiris
- Key Lime Colada
- Sparkling Cara Cara Margaritas
- Pineapple Mint Mojito
More Passion Fruit Recipes:
- Rum Passion Fruit Cake
- Passion Fruit Curd
- Champagne Passion Fruit Cocktail
- Tropical Passion Fruit Tartlets
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Passion Fruit Mojito
By The Glass
- 1/4 lime
- 5 large mint leaves
- 1 ounce passion fruit simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces white or golden rum (I used Mount Gay)
- 1 ounce club soda
For A Pitcher:
- 4 limes quartered
- 50-60 mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups passion fruit simple syrup
- 2 1/4 cups golden rum
- 1 1/2 cups club soda
- lime wedge
- passion fruit seeds (pulp)
- mint leaves
By The Glass:
- Fill the glass with ice and add the passion fruit simple syrup and rum. Stir with a swizzle stick and top with club soda. Garnish with a lime wedge, additional passion fruit pulp and mint leaves. Serve.
For A Pitcher:
- Add the lime and mint leaves to a 32 ounce pitcher. Use a muddler to smash the lime and bruise the mint leaves.
- Fill the pitcher with ice and add the passion fruit simple syrup and rum. Stir and refrigerate until very cold.
- Pour drinks into glass and top individual servings with sparkling water. Garnish with a lime wedge, additional passion fruit pulp and mint leaves. Serve.
Pin “Tropical Bubbly Passion Fruit Mojito” For Later!