The forecast temperature for South Florida on Christmas Day is 84°. I mention this because while the rest of the country is warming up with warm mulled wine and hot buttered rum, we take a decidedly cooler approach to winter cocktails here. Bourbon Cider Punch, a crisp nod to the ever so subtle change in seasons.
It’s festive! Made with tart-crisp apple-cider! It’s sort of chef-y! Instead of a plain simple syrup, I used that honey and thyme infused one! It’s fizzy to tickle your nose with a splash of club soda! And it’s got a healthy dose of bourbon. You’re welcome. 😉
The instructions for this happy libation are as follows: Mix. Drink. Repeat as needed. It is the holidays after all and we deserve a moment or two of downtime after the shopping, wrapping, cooking and merry making. I’ll take mine curled up on the patio sofa, watching the Christmas lights with the fans blowing a cool breeze. You’re welcome to join me. Happy Holidays!
More fall cocktails you might like:
- Sublime Rum Raisin Spiced Old Fashioned
- Tongue Tingling Ginger Cider Bourbon Smash
- Spiked Apple Cider Hot Punch
Bourbon Cider Punch
For each drink
- 4 ounces apple cider or more to taste
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 tablespoons thyme simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- splash of club soda
- apple slice
- lemon slice
- thyme sprig
- Fill a glass with ice. Add the simple syrup, bourbon and apple cider, stir to combine and add the lemon juice and club soda. Garnish with a sprig of lemon and thin slices of lemon and apple. Serve.
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!