The forecast temperature for South Florida on Christmas Day is 84°. I mention this because while the rest of the country is warming up with warm mulled wine and hot buttered rum, we take a decidedly cooler approach to winter cocktails here. Bourbon Cider Punch is a crisp, vibrant nod to the ever so subtle change in seasons.
Ingredients for bourbon cider punch recipe:
- Apple Cider
- Honey Thyme Simple Syrup
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Club Soda
This fall and winter inspired bourbon cocktail is crisp and light with subtle sweetness from the infused simple syrup and apple cider. If you don’t have club soda, you can also use other sparkling water (even flavored ones like a lemon La Croix).
How to make bourbon cider punch:
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add the cider, bourbon, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Stir well and add a splash of club soda for fizz.
- Garnish and serve.
- Repeat as needed.
It is the holidays after all and we deserve a moment or two of downtime after the shopping, wrapping, cooking and merry making. I’ll take mine curled up on the patio sofa, watching the Christmas lights with the fans blowing a cool breeze. You’re welcome to join me.
This lightly sweet, tart, fizzy bourbon cocktail is perfect for fall and winter. Instead of a plain simple syrup, I used a lightly herbed honey and thyme one! The bourbon cider punch has enough fizz to tickle your nose thanks to a splash of club soda I used Jim Beam, but if you have Maker’s Mark or Woodford that would really elevate the flavor.
More fall cocktails you’ll love:
- Rum Raisin Spiced Old Fashioned
- Lychee Martini
- Ginger Cider Bourbon Smash
- Apple Cider Wine Hot Punch
- Coffee Buzz Martini
- Crimson Kiss
Bourbon Cider Punch
For each drink
- 4 ounces apple cider or more to taste
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 tablespoons thyme simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- splash of club soda
- apple slice
- lemon slice
- thyme sprig
- Fill a glass with ice. Add the simple syrup, bourbon and apple cider, stir to combine and add the lemon juice and club soda. Garnish with a sprig of lemon and thin slices of lemon and apple. Serve.
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!