It’s not your classic vodka martini but boy is it good. With fresh brewed coffee, half and half and kahlua this Coffee Buzz Martini with a white chocolate rim doubles as dessert. If a sweet coffee martini or espresso martini sounds good to you… read on!
If you’re a straight up gin + vermouth + olive = martini drinker, then you’ll probably want to skip this one. Not because it isn’t lick-your-lips good, but because it might be perceived as too froufrou. However, if you prefer milkshakes to martinis, this Coffee Martini is for you.
Ok, it’s not quite a milkshake — in fact, this espresso martini is a libation with a fairly generous amount of liquor. However, it’s also rimmed with white chocolate, making it feel more akin to dessert than cocktails.
This luscious sipper starts with strong coffee or espresso .
Ingredients For Espresso Martini:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Simple Syrup
- Half and Half
- Brewed Coffee or Espresso
A little simple syrup ups the sweet-ante.
Half and half makes it rich and creamy.
Add ice, cover tightly with the lid and agitate the shaker at least 8-10 times until the outside of the container is well chilled. The shaker should feel icy cold in your hand and have a bit of frost on the outside.
Pour into a stemmed serving glass (preferably one that’s been resting in the freezer). A martini glass is fine for this, but I prefer a coupe glass because there’s less likelihood of spilling — martini glasses are notorious for inadvertent drips and splatters (either on your person or an unsuspecting friend) and what’s the point of making a sophisticated drink if you’re wearing it down your front? Am-I-Right?
The result is a creamy, sweet (but not too sweet) cocktail that will bring you back for a second sip — immediately after the first — because the first was just THAT GOOD. I should warn though that you shouldn’t be fooled by how easily these espresso cocktails go down, there’s still 2.5 ounces of liquor in each drink. So, please enjoy responsibly… and get an Uber.
Garlic & Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Coffee Buzz Martini
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Baileys Irish cream liquor
- 1 1/2 ounces Kahlua coffee liquor
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce half and half
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 ounce white chocolate finely grated
- 6 whole coffee beans
- Use a microplane grater to finely grate the white chocolate in a small saucer. Fill another saucer with water. Turn a coupe glass upside down and gently rest it in the water. Keeping the glass facing downward transfer it to the chocolate shavings and dip several times until the chocolate adheres to the glass. Repeat with the second glass.
Make the Cocktail
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Secure the lid and shake well until very well chilled. Pour into the prepared coupe glasses. Garnish with coffee beans, optional.
More Tasty Cocktails: