Most of us don’t have time for complicated recipes and a long list of ingredients on a busy weeknight, but that doesn’t mean we should have to sacrifice our healthy lifestyle or taste. This easy recipe for Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetables checks all the boxes.
Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I had zucchini, squash and peppers – but eggplant, mushrooms and onions would work well too. Roughly chop them into bite sized pieces and toss the veg on a large sheet pan.
The coating is equal parts balsamic vinegar and honey with a few tablespoons of olive oil. I used a large clove of garlic as well.
Toss the veg in the dressing and spread it out onto a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
The vegetables retain their shape and firm texture while soaking up the slightly sweet dressing. Let the vegetables cool to about room temperature while you cube the mozzarella and chiffonade (fancy for thinly slice) the basil.
Toss the mozzarella and basil with the cooled veg and serve. This easy, healthy, delicious side dish is really great with anything — chicken, fish, beef, pork, lamb, seafood – you name it.
More roasted vegetables you’ll love:
- Oven Roasted Fall Vegetables
- The Best Oven Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Roasted Duck Fat Potatoes
- Balsamic Dijon Roasted Mushrooms
- Mustard Garlic Herb Roasted Gold Potatoes
- Spring Pesto Roasted Tomatoes
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Marinara
- Roasted Spiced Carrots with Pistachios
- Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
Table of Contents
Honey Balsamic Roasted Summer Vegetables
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1/2″ half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into 1/2″ half moons
- 1 sweet bell pepper cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 cups assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella packed in water cut into 1/2″ chunks
- ¼ cup basil thinly sliced into chiffonade
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- grind black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the cut zucchini, squash and bell pepper on the sheet pan. Add whole cherry tomatoes. Drizzle dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables into a single layer and cook for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove the pan from the oven, toss the vegetables with a spatula and return to the oven. Roast vegetables for an additional 10-15 minutes or until they are softened, but there’s still a juiciness at the bottom of the sheet pan. When vegetables are done, remove from oven and let come to room temperature.
- Transfer the vegetables to a medium bowl and add the mozzarella and basil. Toss to combine and serve at room temperature.
Tina Dawson | Love is in my Tummy says
That is so delicious! I can see myself making these with eggplants, and that dressing! Wow! <3
Amy @ The Cook Report says
Roasted vegetables are so delicious, I love the addition of mozzarella as well!
I can’t resist a plate of veggies like that and I love how you infused them with Balsamic Vinegar! Brilliant! I’ll absolutely make this!
I love veg too and the honey-vinegar combo makes it sweet and tangy!
At one time I wasn’t so sure about balsamic, but then I got used to. These roasted vegetables looks so light and colourful, very much healthy too.