Who doesn’t love a good taco, am-I-right? These leftover braised pork tacos are quick and easy to make from any leftover braised or shredded meat you have on hand. I used leftover (Italian-style) braised pork for these tacos — and guess what? They’re fabulous!
Confession: Some of my very favorite meals are not planned or prepped. I don’t shop for special ingredients or spend hours tweaking special sauces. No. The best breakfasts, lunches and dinners come from leftovers. Truly. Like these leftover braised pork tacos.
Scott would say that it helps to have good leftovers — and he’s right.
But if you are in the kitchen as much as I am, it’s a given. For these tacos, the leftover I used was that Hearty Homestyle Pork Ragoût.
The rest was just stuff I had in the fridge. Cabbage and onions – nothing earth-shattering there.
Don’t worry if you don’t have this particular braised pork recipe on hand. These tacos work equally well with any type of shredded leftover meat. Here are some of my favorites:
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
- Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork Tenderloin
- Beef Birria
Queso fresco and cilantro are ingredients we use regularly. Ditto for the tortillas and tomatoes. Kind of a Mexican twist on this Italian favorite.
I just nuked the braised pork and heated the tortillas over my gas stove top burner. The rest was just assembly, so I hesitate to even call this a recipe, but they were so good, I had to share with you! And nothing makes me happier than putting together a delicious fresh meal in under 10 minutes. It takes longer to wait in line at Chipotle, right?
Now if I had shopped before making this, I probably would have added some sliced avocado and shredded mozzarella or swapped out the corn tortillas for flour, which oddly weren’t at-the-ready on this day, but sometimes you just have to roll with what you’ve got. Yum!
More tasty taco recipes
- Quesabirria Tacos
- Carne Asada Tacos
- Tinga Style Pork Tacos
- Chicken Soft Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
- Crispy Baked Fish Tacos
- Smoky Black Bean Tacos
- Tangy Garlic Lime Shrimp Tacos
Tried this recipe? Leave a rating and review.
Your comments and shares are invaluable to me and the thousands of readers who use this site daily. If you've made the recipe, leave a star rating and review. We want to hear how you liked it.
We'd love it if you shared the recipe with your friends on social media!
Leftover Braised Pork Tacos
- ½ recipe of leftover Hearty Homestyle Pork Ragout from this site
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 8 ounces queso fresco crumbled
- 2 cups thinly sliced or shredded cabbage green or red
- ½ red onion very thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Heat the tortillas, by placing directly over a gas flame and flipping with tongs until some char appears, or if you have an electric stove, place a skillet on the stove and heat to a medium high. Place a tortilla in the skillet and heat on one side until the tortilla begins to take on some color and becomes fragrant. Use tongs to flip the tortilla and repeat on the other side. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep the tortillas warm in the oven until ready to eat.
- Reheat the braised pork in the microwave or on the stovetop. While the pork heats, arrange the tomato, avocado, cabbage, onion, cilantro and queso fresco on a platter. Transfer the pork to a serving bowl and serve with the vegetables and corn tortillas.
Don’t Forget To “Pin It” For Later!