This easy sangria recipe is a cross between that classic peach melba dessert and traditional sangria. You’ll love this summer cocktail because it’s loaded with fresh peaches and raspberries soaked in wine, simple syrup and peach schnapps. Try this peach melba sangria recipe today.
Every so often, I deviate from my standard glass of wine to something a little more interesting. I’m not talking shots of Jagermeister, here. I’ll leave that to more experienced libation-ers. But there’s something about sangria that gets me every time.
Especially during the blistering heat of summer, when everyone needs a refreshing reprieve from the scorching sun — if you live in South Florida, you know what I’m talking about.
This easy blend starts with simple syrup — equal parts of sugar and water, boiled until the sugar dissolves and then cooled to room temperature.
I went with a white wine sangria instead of a traditional red for two reasons. First, red wine stains my teeth and turns them a weird shade of gray — fine when I’m mano a mano with Scott, but making a whole pitcher of sangria means there’s probably other people around.
Second, I had plenty of $10 and $12 white wines on the shelf, but the few reds in my cupboard were $25 and up. No way was I mixing that with fruit and simple syrup.
With sangria, the fruit is key – it has to be something that you want to keep going back to. Something juicy, sweet and ripe. I selected peaches and raspberries because they looked so good at the store. Then I realized, (duh) I had the makings of a peach melba.
To amp up the peach flavor, I added schnapps and some sparkling water for effervescence. I know, doesn’t it sound good? Aren’t you getting thirsty just thinking about it?
I think it was the fruit that kept me coming back — soaking in the flavors of the wine and spirits and giving up its own sweetness to the easy-sipping-tonic.
Or maybe it was the wine with that peachy nose. Whatever it was — it was good!
More summer cocktails:
- Frozen Mango Daiquiri
- Quenching Hibiscus Margarita
- Planter’s Punch
- Shaken Mango Margarita
- Passion Fruit Vodka Soda
- Fresh Peach Bourbon Sour
- Spicy Cucumber Kiwi Margarita
Tried this recipe? Leave a rating and review.
Your comments and shares are invaluable to me and the thousands of readers who use this site daily. If you've made the recipe, leave a star rating and review. We want to hear how you liked it.
We'd love it if you shared the recipe with your friends on social media!
Peach Melba Sangria
- large pitcher
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 bottle white wine I used Pinot Grigio
- ½ cup peach schnapps
- 3 peaches peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ pint raspberries
- club soda or sparkling water well chilled
- In a small bowl combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- In a pitcher blend the wine, schnapps and simple syrup. Stir to combine. Add the diced peaches and raspberries. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Add ice to glasses and pour in the sangria – making sure to get several spoonfuls of fruit in each glass. Top with a splash of club soda or sparkling water. Serve.