If you crave the combination of soft, buttery crescents, creamy herbed cheese and smoky bacon– without all the highfalutin’ fuss of “homemade this” and “imported that”… look no further. With only three ingredients, Bacon Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are the easy, delicious and dare I say… cheap appetizers… everyone wants on their game day menu. It’s also the one appetizer/snack/hors d’oevure that will make you legendary at parties and holiday gatherings. You’re welcome.
Ok, I’ll admit it. This is not anything you’d expect to find here. I’m usually more about homemade — or at least mostly homemade. I love fresh flavors and crave wholesome ingredients… but for sheer taste … this is the one you have to have for your game day menu. I concede. it’s not healthy, it’s not wholesome — but DAMN, it’s GOOD! Bacon Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls will pretty much guarantee you mythical status amongst your peeps.
Why? It’s truly the perfect bite. I first made these easy, flavorful and yes, cheap appetizers as a college student…(duh) and maybe it was a liquor induced, late-night munchie attack that sent me over the edge, but from my first taste of these stuffed crescent bites, it was GAME OVER. Done. That said, I haven’t made them in YEARS. Afraid of my own supplication if they entered our daily lives again.
Though I’m a bit ashamed to admit how much I enjoy these bacon cream cheese crescent rolls, it wasn’t enough to prevent me from resurrecting the recipe last weekend with my daughter, Emily. Those are her fingers rolling the crescent dough sheets.
At first, she treated this like every other “post” she had to help me with. Until she saw the tube of Pillsbury crescent dough sheets. “Um. What’s this? You cheatin‘?” her voice dripping with accusation…
I told her to “Pipe down and roll the damn dough.”
Cheap Appetizers for A Game Day Menu:
Bacon Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are exactly what we seek in a one or two bite wonder with the ease of “poppin’ fresh dough”. Consequently, they’re perfect for watching the big game and relatively inexpensive compared to a fancy cheese and charcuterie board or shrimp platter. Additionally, these hot little bites with oozy cheese and smoky bacon, tucked into a flaky, buttery pastry pretty much hit the trifecta of game day snacking and a cold beer is the perfect thing to wash them down with!.
3-Ingredient Crescent Roll Recipe:
You only need these three ingredients for this outrageous and easy bacon recipe:
- Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets (this isn’t a sponsored post, you just have to use this brand)
- Philadelphia Chive Cream Cheese (again, no sponsorship — but Philadelphia Brand makes tubs of Chive Cream cheese and it’s perfect in this recipe).
- Bacon — not thick cut — just plain old grocery store, average bacon.
Bake until the bacon is cooked, the cheese is melty and the rolls are browned. Emily was decidedly dis-interested in this appetizer when I assembled them at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning (best light for photography and all…) “I just brushed my teeth, ” she shrugged.
Later that evening, it was a different story. “Where are those ‘things’?” she asked, poking around in the fridge.
I reheated them, just to that melty, soft, crispy, porky unctuousness and brought them out on a baking sheet. Nothing fancy.
One bite and she was hooked. Three in and she was hopelessly done for. “I can do this for my friends when we watch the Bucs! They would love them. And they’re so easy to make.”
Meanwhile, Scott, hearing the moans, came in to see what the ruckus was… two bites later and I was accused of “holding out on him.” So, to Emily, Scott and you — dear reader… I apologize. I didn’t think you’d be interested in something so non-chefy. But hell, it tastes good. And I guess in the world of food-dom, that’s all that matters. Shrug. Perhaps that dough-boy has some redeeming qualities.
More Appetizer, Hors D’oeuvres & Snack Recipes:
- 37 Amazing Holiday Appetizers & Hors D’oeuvres
- Tuna Tataki via Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Bacon Chile Dip
- Citrus Asian Chicken Wings from The Gastronom Blog
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers
Bacon Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 1 8 ounce tube crescent rolls
- 1 7.5 ounce container chive cream cheese
- 7 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place a wire rack over the parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the crescent dough out into a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough in half lengthwise. With the pizza cutter, cut the dough into 3" x 1 1/2" fingers.
- Scoop a teaspoon of chive cream cheese onto the bottom third of each of the "fingers" and gently fold the dough over the cream cheese, tucking the seam under each.
- Cut the bacon into 3 to 3 1/2" lengths. Wrap the bacon around each of the bites, covering the open ends of the dough with the bacon.
- Spray the rack with non-stick spray. Arrange the crescent roll bites seam side down on the rack about 2" apart.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes or until the rolls are golden and the bacon is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a serving platter.
Pin “Bacon Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls” For Later!